AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE 'Silk N Dye' FESTIVAL
TO PRESERVE TRADITIONAL PRACTICES
- by sustaining age old tradition of silk farming.
- by reviving old traditions of dyeing with natural elements.
- by supporting traditional handloom practices.
- by establishing an international festival in Kaziranga.
- to contribute towards promotion of Textile Tourism.
- to develop Festival Tourism in the region.
TO CREATE AWARENESS ABOUT
- indigenous wild silks.
- achieving economic sustainability through silk farming.
- availability of high quality natural dye elements in the region.
- cultivation and preservation of natural dye elements.
- easy accessibility of natural dye elements in people’s backyards.
- using withering flowers, fruit peels and other household wastes for dyeing.
- the importance of using environment-friendly natural dyes instead of chemical dyes which are harmful to nature.
ECONOMIC UPLIFTMENT BY
- creating a platform for global market linkage of indigenous Silk , handloom and Handicraft and Natural Dye products.
- creating jobs through tourism growth.
ENCOURAGE POSTERITY TO
- learn and develop different methods of silk farming.
- develop good quality handloom products for a global market.
- produce natural dye products and value the rich flora.
- contribute towards textile tourism.
- develop sustainable alternatives to harmful chemical dyes.
- promote the vibrant folk culture of the region.